Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The 5 Minute Management Course

Here are some humor finds...

Lesson 1:
A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbor. Before she says a word, Bob says, "I'll give you $800 to drop that towel." After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob. After a few seconds, Bob hands her $800 and leaves. The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs. When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, "Who was that?" "It was Bob the next door neighbor," she replies. "Great," the husband says, "did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?"

Moral of the story: If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk with your shareholders in time, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Lesson 2:
A priest offered a Nun a lift. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg. The nun said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?" The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?" The priest apologized "Sorry sister but the flesh is weak." Arriving at the convent, the nun sighed heavily and went on her way. On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, "Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory."

Moral of the story:
If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss a great
opportunity.

Lesson 3:
A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, "I'll give each of you just one wish." "Me first! Me first!" says the admin clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world." Puff! She's gone. "Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life." Puff! He's gone. "OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."

Moral of the story:
Always let your boss have the first say.

Lesson 4
An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing. A small rabbit saw the eagle and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing?" The eagle answered: "Sure, why not." So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested. All of sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story:
To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Lesson 5
A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, "but I haven't got the energy." "Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull. They're packed with nutrients." The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Moral of the story:
BullShit might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

Lesson 6
A little bird was flying south for the Winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field. While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Morals of the story:
(1) Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of shit is your friend.
(3) And when you're in deep shit, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

42 comments:

Iris said...

I like this article. Very interesting and fun. Great!!

Iris
http://iristwo.blogspot.com/

esofthub said...

I'm glad you liked it. Cool.

diogenes said...

This is noty only humor. Your morals are worth taking. Interesting.

esofthub said...

diogenes, I appreciate your comment and I agree with you.

Michael said...

Good to see some levity as a diversion. I think it breaks things up nicely.

esofthub said...

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the compliment amd astute observation. That was my intention.

Peter Haslam said...

Loved it. Thanks for making my day

esofthub said...

Peter, I'm glad you liked them!

Liudmila said...

The most great course I ever read,seen,partecipated.Special thanks for translating for me the last story.I adore it and wanted to have it in english too.I ask your consence to steel it. I wanted to post it in "Lazy Yogi".

esofthub said...

liudmila,

I'm glad you like "the Mgt course."

Sure, you can use them. If you don't mind, just link back to me.

Anonymous said...

great and humorous as well

christmas said...

This article is damm cool~ make things so easy to understand~!!

WeI~ got next episode or not??

kytan@ganad.com.my

christmas said...

This article is damm cooL~! Make things so simple and easy to understand~!!

damm! Wei.. got next episode or not??

nagendra said...

nice post dude... thnx for sharing... I was told the last story by my manager. it was nice lessons.. where can i get the full book of five minute manager.. thnx
Chary

David said...

z

Anonymous said...

this is really nice one!!!

Business Plan Writers said...

Hi,
Very nice and amazing post! Thanks for sharing.

Business Plan Writers

Viko said...

I believe the information covered in the discussion is top notch. I've been doing a research on the subject and your blog just cleared up a lot of questions. I am working on a custom essays and dissertation writing for my English class and currently reading lots of blogs to study.

Online Business Plan said...

Hi,
Nice post! This is a really good site having worth reading articles.

OnlineBusiness Plan

оценка недвижимости said...

basic but nice rules

Medyumlar said...

I'm glad you liked it. Cool.

medyum said...

Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed! Keep stuff like this coming

anti aging skin care products said...

I learn something new everyday or get to read about other people's experience which is why I love reading blogs.

medyum said...

This web site is really very nice .. This article has been perfect. Thank you very much. I follow your stories and documents continuously. Thank you for sharing ..

EVo said...

Love how humor can translate into valuable life + biz principles. Thanks for sharin!

Anti aging said...

Thanks this post really opened my eyes. it is not only eye opening rather very beneficial for the people those who want to do something good in his life.

Deanlee said...

Nice , I am a fan

learning management system said...

This is really a helpful online web access to learn on. Keep it coming

learning management system said...

The 5 minute management course is really helpfuk in a practival living of our lices

government funded training said...

Great information, And such a great post and the review.I appreciate your comment and I agree with you. I think, Are you a learning, training or HR professional who wants a fast, flexible, cost and time effective way of equipping managers with the tools and techniques they need for motivating their staff to high performance.
government funded training

Bali Villa said...

Well this is really great information. certificate iv

young fashion zone said...

You're so cool! I don't suppose I've read anything like this before.

Anonymous said...

This is really nice. Thanks! Are there any other articles like this?

Anonymous said...

All the way from Cairo Egypt , very well put and it does make perfect sense thanks for makin my day

best business mobile phone deals said...

It’s a great site to see. That will help for improvisation of me. Will definitely marked as Bookmark.

best business mobile phone deals

Benchmarking Process Improvement said...

Nice post! I really appreciated your post.Thanks for sharing this.Keep up posting.

exam dumps said...

Good article is brought to share, see good article can always mood letting a person is cheerful, let oneself happy also to widen my view, to the thing understanding also have more understanding. Believe that will see more such a good article to share, 000-658, FM0-307, 1Y0-A26

blaircraig said...

I enjoyed reading i t seems some interesting stuff about. I'm supposed to be somewhere else in a minute but I stuck to reading the story.
Advertising agencies in karachi | Cheap office furniture | Advertising agencies in Islamabad

Nick Damron said...

I wanted to know that is there any way in which i can also analyze my own signature or. i would be great of yours if you could help me about Kindly reply …………
pakistani advertising companies | Home furniture | Best advertising agency in Pakistan

China tours said...

Such a nice post, We loved it a great deal!I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China travel service | China travel packages | China Asia travel

sara gomez said...

I can’t wait to read more from you. Thanks for the great content, 9A0-082, 9A0-146, 9A0-332, I really like what you’ve bought right here, really like what you are stating and the best way by which you assert it.

China travel said...

That is really cool. Thanks for finding it. Some really good ideas there, this is going to be a real time sink. I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: Tibet tour | Visa Free Tours in Beijing and Shanghai | Lhasa Tour