Saturday, April 21, 2007

Convert Long URLs to Short URLs with tinyurl

Reduce a long URL into a fairly short one. Here's an example below using Google's lengthy WebMaster's Tools URL.

Go to http://tinyurl.com




Here's the result of creating the shorter URL.

The long URL has a length of 189 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 25 characters:

http://tinyurl.com/yt5ek7

Benefits:
-Redirection to any page in your site
-Hide your affiliate URLs

Cons:
Spamming (don't be a spammer)
No PR or Technorati benefits

4 comments:

Zep said...

I use Metamark(sometimes).
Linkbuilding is one click easier. But I wouldn't recommend to use it in a blog - the long URL is hidden in your code anyway, and your referrer will never know you linked him.

esofthub said...

zep, thanks for sharing the tip.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

My friend,

I have just been certified with a Gold Badge by Seeking Alpha! Best regards.

esofthub said...

the anitokid, yeah, I noticed that when I visited your site earlier today. Congrats!

I visited Makati City back in 2/2002. I was taking a Solaris Course at Philam Life.