Saturday, June 23, 2007

Next Generation of Mobile Computers -- MiniTablets


I found this interesting post by Michael Beck (digitalnomad) of Rugged Notebooks.

Military and industrial interests are always looking for ways to leverage technology, and these mini-tablets might be the answer. For a light infantry soldier or a company field worker, someone who might have to "hump" in challenging climates (heat, humidity, etc), weight and durability do count. When I served, I had what was considered ruggedized communication devices in my rucksack and I often felt like a "beast of burden.”

I wouldn’t have minded carrying a more “soldier friendly” communication device like the one shown to the left.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, but I think that it depends on what you are looking for, not everybody feels comfortable handling a device a bit larger than their hand. It is also a matter of personal taste I think

Rugged laptops,rugged notebooks

esofthub said...

anonymous, I agree with you. It's always a matter of personal preference, and micro is definitely a niche space. Thanks for adding your link.

Digital Nomad said...

Right on Roy. The consensus is on dexterity and field conditions. Sometimes too small may become a problem.

Thanks for the mention in the post.

esofthub said...

You're welcome digital nomad. I thought it was an interesting find.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Now, these I love! Very interesting and all - kinda reminds me of the upcoming debut of the iPhone. We are really living in the future!

esofthub said...

the anitokid, what do think of the iPhone? Is all the hype valid?

Anonymous said...

http://www.mobilephone7.com