Monday, July 14, 2008

The world's oldest Internet blogger, Ms. Olive Riley, has passed away

The world's oldest Internet blogger, Ms. Olive Riley, has passed away on July 12, 2008. She was a 108 years old Australian but young in heart and mind and an inspiration to all bloggers from all age groups and all walks of life.

In her final post on June 26, Ms. Riley wrote: "I can't believe I've been here in this nursing home for more than a week.

"How the days have flown, even though I've been in bed most of the time. I still feel weak, and can't shake off that bad cough.

"Penny, who's in the next bed to mine, had a visit one day this week from her daughter, who's a professional singer. Guess what happened! She and I sang a happy song, as I do every day, and before long we were joined by several nurses, who sang along too. It was quite a concert!"

Rest in Peace Ms. Riley.

Her blog: The Life of Riley

No comments: