Sunday, November 02, 2008

Blog Syndicator BlogRush Is Shutting Down

You might have noticed my Blogrush widget has disappeared from this blog...well maybe not. The service was supposed to provide instant distribution for blog posts across a network of related blogs. But I guess they ran into a few problems. John Reese, Blogrush’s founder, mentioned a few issues with security and abusive users as some of the issues that limited its full potential. I also remember them having some problems with blog quality guidelines on the initial roll-out. But anyway, you can go to the Blogrush homepage for further details.

He also mentioned saving about $7,000 in server costs on his twitter page.

I thought Blogrush was a pretty decent “4am idea,” and I am sure Reese will roll something else out in the near future.

No comments: